Register
Topics without answer
Topic Replies Last Post
Who's Online
8 user(s) are online (6 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 8

more...
[WPC] Wolf Pack Clan Forum Index
   Killing floor
     Suggestions for Killing Floor DeadSpace Server
Register To Post

Threaded | Oldest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
Mitchell
Posted on: 2012/7/26 16:30

Re: Suggestions for Killing Floor DeadSpace Server
Now this was the type of brainstorming I was thinking of Kawa. I agree with you on this post. The only time the mark 16 isn't completely overpowered is when the sever is 100% full, however even then if you have good marines helping you out it's not a huge deal. If you have a bunch of level ones it's going to be a hard time either way I want the mark 16 to still be really powerful, just not a 2-3 headshot kill weapon on the lacerators while still having the massive amount of ammo it has.

Glad to see more people getting involved in this thread, I want to brainstorm ideas to make the deadspace sever as great as possible for wolves and non wolves alike.
Kawa
Posted on: 2012/7/26 14:45

Ok, let's try this again with a bit of brainstorming.

So the main concern seems to be:

The m16 has way too much ammo considering its damage, the price being relative to the maximum amount available and not as much an issue. Now, considering without interruption it takes an accurate player roughly 2-6 shots on average to take down either a lacerator or a poundslasher, lets say 4 extra hits in a not-so-perfect world around 10 bullets which is like half the clip if I recall correctly. Now assume that there are at least 15 players on round 6 (or whenever they start to spawn), just guessing on this part, 15-20 lacerators and 2-3 poundlashers per round. Personally, I think each player should have just enough ammo to barely clutch right from the start. So in theory it would take about 200 bullets on just the big guys alone. Being a very accurate weapon on a sharpshooter perk, it should be expected that each bullet is used efficiently and not wasted. By this I would suggest each clip having 10 shots with 15-20 clips on the side, which is pretty much what it is now I think.

Of course this is all assuming the rest of the team is just purely going after everything else. The things that makes any weapon op is using it properly. The other classes will be taking down lacerators/poundslashers too. Remembering that the sharpshooter perk is meant to target primarily the big guys, I'd assume that if they are doing their job they should be able to take down at least 60% of them. From this I would suggest a base amount of 120 bullets altogether with 10 shots per clip, each level could give half a clip after level 6.

tldr; I would have to say just half the total ammo for now and see how that goes.
Hemi
Posted on: 2012/7/26 13:22

meh...and here I was thinking the members were actually initiating a dicussion without our help lol.

jk jk, keep em comin fellas.

----------------
"Resume your disorder..."

Whisky
Posted on: 2012/7/26 13:13

Quote:
I love that this has its own thread hehe. Let the discussions commence! We used to jump at the comments and change everything, but as got more into modding it proved more harmfull then usefull. Lets see were this thread is going.

Which is why I asked Mitch to post it here. Let the players do some of the work =P

Just remember to keep it civil guys, you are boarder line flaming now. Last thing I want to see is this thread derail into something that could contend with the SPUF boards.

----------------

Hemi
Posted on: 2012/7/26 9:58

I love that this has its own thread hehe. Let the discussions commence!

We used to jump at the comments and change everything, but as got more into modding it proved more harmfull then usefull. Lets see were this thread is going.

----------------
"Resume your disorder..."

Ixion
Posted on: 2012/7/26 9:47

Quote:

Mitchell wrote:
Can't tell if you're bad at sarcasm or simply trolling

1. No one should be able to solo a lacerator with a few shots period.

2. Difficulty needs to be hard-suicial with reduced zed count

3. Teamwork is always required in deadspace, this is an obvious statement.

1. Sharpshooters are the go to class for fps in standard kf, what makes lacs any different.

They have less hp on their head portion and Triage has boosted headshot damage, go figure they kill it quickly.

Not to mention they're also the medics, ever tried killing things with the medic only weps?

2. Reduced zed count only benefits the sprayers that can't manage their ammo.

3. Agreed, but like the standalone Kf, some classes are better suited to dispatch certain zeds, always has been this way.
Mitchell
Posted on: 2012/7/26 2:31

Can't tell if you're bad at sarcasm or simply trolling

1. No one should be able to solo a lacerator with a few shots period.

2. Difficulty needs to be hard-suicial with reduced zed count

3. Teamwork is always required in deadspace, this is an obvious statement.
Kawa
Posted on: 2012/7/25 17:34

So basically..

1. Lacerators are op because people are trying to solo them
2. Difficulty needs to be hell on earth with reduced zed count
3. More team work required
Mitchell
Posted on: 2012/7/25 17:03

1. The ammo is not expensive enough, people never complain about the expensive ammo and no one ever has problems buying it because of all the cash you make per wave and by sharing. As Katt has said it's only expensive because there is so much of it in the first place. This is not just my opinion but Katt's and some other veterans on the Deadspace sever.

2. Level really doesn't matter (unless you're under lvl 3) when you're triage with the mark 16, it's that powerful. That's simply not true about other classes being able to take down lacerators that fast. I'm level 12 security and I have never been able to 3-4 shot a lacerator with any security weapon ON MY OWN. Lacerators were made to be hard to take down, and support classes should almost always die when trying to kill them alone. Marine class works sometimes but it balances otu because you have to use almost your entire clip of MR40 to kill one if you aren't being helped by a triage. Again if lower levels can take out lacerators with the mark 16 in a few headshots it's too op with it's current high clip round. Money is never a problem for ammo when you get the gun, people share money freely whenever there is problems. The Mark 16 needs an ammo reduction.

3. It won't be easy if the mark 16's aren't used to 2-3 shot lacerators and slashpounders. Furthermore, the number of zeds doesn't determine the level of difficulty their health and speed does. Lower the zed count and increase the difficulty, people are tired of playing 90 minute maps and running out of ammo down to their pistol just because there are so many zeds.

4. Ya they go out, after about 90% of the wave is done. Flares last a long time, and you don't have to use your flashlights if we take them off or limit them. USE GLOWSTICKS, put one on your neck, and throw the rest on the ground, seems pretty dam easy to switch to.

5.You might as well take out their grenades all together with that argument, all I'm asking for is a bigger blast radius.
Kawa
Posted on: 2012/7/25 16:29

1. To be quite honest, triage is at the back in terms of 'kill collecting'. Security can take out groups of at least 20 in a single shot with both the shotgun and their explosives. Commando is pretty much the same but single shot. The only real advantage triage has is its ability to last longer and to take out the big guys quick for the rest of the team, which I've seen is often a problem when they don't, most especially on close quarter maps like methlabs.

2. If you're playing with a team, there's a good chance it'll be at least 10 with everyone shooting at it and making the head hitbox twitch all around. If you suddenly get cornered by yourself.. Well, that's a different story. I'd have to say the best way to fix it is to make it fire slower to force people to take aim a little better and thus not need so many bullets :P.

3. Well, the game mod is meant to be intense gameplay, which makes it fun if you're alive, and suck if you dislike the map or died. The dieing part is usually your own fault though.

5. Triage doesn't really need more firepower.

6. I don't even understand why people do this, money is usually plentiful enough as is, just ask for some or save up :P.
(1) 2 »
Threaded | Oldest First Previous Topic | Next Topic |

Register To Post

[WPC] Discussions
Forum Topic Replies Views Last Post
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat I Miss You Guys 1 798 2019/8/31 21:12 LordDean
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Whats up Family 4 8710 2018/7/20 23:37 Helldome
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Hello from Solo    [1][2] 13 28202 2018/1/11 23:37 LordDean
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat WHAT UP YALL    [1][2] 12 43006 2017/7/24 14:57 Zeeky
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat lets see your gaming setup!    [1][2][3]..................[50] 498 374843 2017/5/7 22:52 Helldome
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Post you Art....    [1][2][3]...............[9] 84 99390 2017/5/7 22:51 Helldome
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Tribute to all WPC Members old and new!    [1][2][3][4] 32 104367 2017/5/7 22:46 Helldome
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOODY 4 26070 2016/12/25 21:56 RenownedWolfman
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Happy New Year! 5 28027 2016/12/25 21:55 RenownedWolfman
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Admin Applications? 3 24554 2016/12/16 5:26 theblade009
[PUBLIC] Applications & Recruitment CorkyT's Application 1 18442 2016/12/16 5:24 theblade009
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Happy Birthday Buzz!!!! 2 20622 2016/12/16 5:18 theblade009
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Wolf Pack Clan Application 9 33724 2016/12/16 5:17 theblade009
[PUBLIC] Games GTA 5 cars 1 18953 2016/2/20 0:33 Buzz
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEBLEY!! 1 22288 2016/1/17 15:09 Tic
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Merry Christmas !!!!! 1 21771 2015/12/25 22:07 Buzz
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO TIC!!!! 2 22279 2015/11/29 18:40 Oaksy
Killing floor Killing Floor 2 servers    [1][2] 11 49309 2015/11/29 17:17 Buzz
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Twitch.tv 1 26468 2015/11/24 17:00 Tic
[PUBLIC] Games Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide 3 22388 2015/11/5 19:57 Tic